[Ubuntu-PH] Ubuntu integrated to curriculum?

Mon Sagullo monsagullo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 12:53:35 UTC 2009

I fully agree with you. It was simpler for us since we have "simple" goals
for now. And if I may add to your list -

5. "Mainstream market" acceptability of FOSS, with a lot of help from -
6. Media coverage
7. A big helping hand from DepEd and CHED (save a lot of money too)

Then more future and existing instructors would have the incentive to look
into FOSS and/or up their skills. With #6,  students and their parents will
be "intrigued" enough to find out what FOSS really has to offer, and school
officers will be more comfortable to at least give FOSS a try.

Every now and then, whenever I stumble on some positive media coverage,
particularly Ubuntu and OOo, I print this out, I post this on our bulletin
board, hand it to our instructors and I discuss with them the growing
acceptance for FOSS.

It would be nice if #7 takes a lead role to have more of #6.

Just my inflation-adjusted two cents :-)