[Ubuntu-PH] Jaunty Release Party Updates

Dax Solomon Umaming knightlust at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 3 16:15:09 UTC 2009

Hey guys,

I would just like to give an update on our Jaunty Release Party.

== Date, Time, and Venue ==

The event was initially set on April 25, 2009 (Saturday) at 4:00 PM and
more than a handful individuals on the forum[1] expressed their
intentions of attending. However, Jerome's (and his Company's) Techbar
won't be available at that date and time. So here's our dilemma:

1) Stick with April 25 and look for a venue. Myra Jill Siason has
offered UP's Innovation Center which would suit a more formal assembly
(e.g. with Presentations and a set of programs). If we choose a simple
meet-up or dinner meeting, then it's best we do it at a bar or a restaurant.

2) Move the date to April 24 and hangout at the Techbar (pending
approval from the Techbar Administrator). But... only a few members
would be available at the said date and time, Not to mention that the
facility would be under-utilized if we don't come up with a program of
sorts.

== Activity ==

As mentioned above, this event would become boring pretty quickly if we
don't come up with an activity. So I'll discuss/give updates on what the
Ubuntu-PH community's been up to. I can also blackmail Carlos Torres to
give a presentation on upstream KDE.

We will need at least one (or two) more presenters/volunteers. Anything
you can come up with would be very helpful.

== Food and Beverage ==

The next on my list would be food. I vote for chipping in some money and
order a pizza or burger somewhere.

== Burnfest ==

If Jaunty gets released a few days earlier, I can bring the ISO, a
laptop, and a few blank CD-Rs.

Who can bring an external CD/DVD burner or a laptop with CD/DVD burner?

== List of Attendees ==

The list of attendees is on our wiki[2]. If you're attending, please add
your name to the list*

== ToDo Summary ==

 1. Decide on the date, time, and location
 2. Need one or two more presenters who can give an update on anything
Linux and Open Source
 3. Need a list of Restaurants and their contact numbers who'll do
deliveries
 4. Need an external CD Writer or Laptop with CD Burners
 5. *May* need a few more blank CD-Rs
 6. Edit and add your name on the wiki if you're attending

If you have any other concerns, suggestions, or comments, please don't
hesitate to reply to this email. Any feedback from you is highly
appreciated.

[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7005163
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PhilippineTeam/ReleaseParty

*you'll need either a Launchpad or an OpenID account to edit the page.
- --
Dax Solomon Umaming
http://blog.knightlust.com/