[Ubuntu-PH] Smalltalk users?

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at ubuntu.com
Sat Sep 6 04:28:48 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 12:08 PM, cj pangilinan <cjpangilinan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone here using smalltalk? I want to learn the basics of small talk for
> one of my projects. I am using ubuntu. And I want to know which version to
> install in my pc. I look at smalltalk.org and I saw many versions of
> smalltalk, ansi, squeak, gnu. What can you recommend for a starter like me?

I've been playing with smalltalk for quite sometime. It is always
recommended to learn smalltalk via squeak. The OLCP XO-1 has squeak as
well via the eToys activity package. You can also do web development
with smalltalk called Seaside using squeak .

I guess my main point is that I would use squeak for learning
smalltalk. People may scoff that squeak is a kid's toy oh boy they are
so wrong.

--
Jerome