[Ubuntu-PH] USB on Virtualbox

Ramon Sagullo monsagullo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 02:57:02 UTC 2008

Does anyone know how to configure the USB device on Virtualbox

<<=================>>

With my Ubuntu 8.04 as host and WinXP SP3 as guest, after I installed the
"Guest Addition," I first "initialized" a "generic" USB  external device,
then after that, I managed to intialize all my thumb drives and external
hard drives.

>From my understanding, not all OS has the "Guest Addition" at this point. My
Ubuntu 8.04 desktop has WinXP and OpenSuse as guests, but only my WinXP
guest has the "Guest Addition" features.

For the User Manual, see the link below.

http://dlc-cdn-rd.sun.com/c1/virtualbox/2.0.4/UserManual.pdf?e=1226458543&h=6761af1506d1a726a29b6bb65324a695

Good luck.

Mon