[Ubuntu-PH] Dreamweaver alternative in Linux?

erle mantos emantos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 17:11:29 UTC 2008

<shamelessPlug>

I've been "wowed" by this templates and had been using them for small
to medium scale
"rackets". And because this is free, the only way I can repay the
author is to advertise
his site,.. so here goes ...

http://www.styleshout.com/

The author's html and css coding conventions are very suitable for
Smarty's PHP templating
engine or any templating engine for that matter.

</shamelessPlug>

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Jeff Imperial <jeff at jimperial.co.cc> wrote:
> erle mantos wrote:
>> or if you want to go the easy route, there are always free website
>> templates that's
>> one google away. Some of them have very clean and standards compliant CSS.
>>
>> Then after choosing your template, start editing with any text editor.
>> The "imagining"
>> has already been done for you.
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 9:15 PM, Noel Nuguid <noel.nuguid at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> If you can live without the WYSYWYG part, you may want to try looking at
>>> SCREEM and my personal favorite Geany.
>>>
>>> Cheers!
>>>
>>> Noel

>>> Francis,
>>>
>>>  From my experience, I haven't found anything mature enough in the Open
>>> Source offerings to compare to what *exactly* Dreamweaver does. But if
>>> you're a hand-coder, I think you'd like
>>> Bluefish(*bluefish*.openoffice.nl/). But if you're looking for a WYSIWYG
>>> editor, Nvu (http://nvudev.com/index.php) and Kompozer
>>> (http://www.kompozer.net/) works enough, but I feel is lacking.
>>>

>>> --
>>>

> I guess that *is* easy. Some nice ones at http://oswd.org. You'd do good
> (in my opinion) to delve into the code of it. This is especially true if
> you intend to produce something with more tendency to dynamic pages. But
> for quicky static outputs, Erle's advice is enough.

3 most dangerous people - (1) A programmer with a soldering iron (2) A
manager who codes.
(3) A user with an idea.