[Ubuntu-PH] Dreamweaver alternative in Linux?

erle mantos emantos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 13:49:17 UTC 2008

or if you want to go the easy route, there are always free website
templates that's
one google away. Some of them have very clean and standards compliant CSS.

Then after choosing your template, start editing with any text editor.
The "imagining"
has already been done for you.

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 9:15 PM, Noel Nuguid <noel.nuguid at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you can live without the WYSYWYG part, you may want to try looking at
> SCREEM and my personal favorite Geany.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Noel
>

> On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 21:08 +0800, Jeff Imperial wrote:
>
> Francis wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>> Anybody here who knows an alternative software for Dreamweaver in
>> Linux? I need to make web pages asap but I don't have the time to
>> create all my CSS.
>>
>> --
>> Francis
>>
> Francis,
>
>  From my experience, I haven't found anything mature enough in the Open
> Source offerings to compare to what *exactly* Dreamweaver does. But if
> you're a hand-coder, I think you'd like
> Bluefish(*bluefish*.openoffice.nl/). But if you're looking for a WYSIWYG
> editor, Nvu (http://nvudev.com/index.php) and Kompozer
> (http://www.kompozer.net/) works enough, but I feel is lacking.

3 most dangerous people - (1) A programmer with a soldering iron (2) A
manager who codes.
(3) A user with an idea.