[Ubuntu-PH] hardy heron fax modem driver installation

Dax Solomon Umaming knightlust at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 29 01:31:20 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 29 July 2008 12:36:50 am ven pantinople wrote:
> If it's a soft modem, then some of the modem functions are emulated
> in software. The software is likely windows os so that implies the
> internal modem will not work in ubuntu.
> If you have to use a dial-up modem, use an external modem.

I recommend D-Link DFE-528TX serial port external modem or an
Actiontec Internal/External modem. Both work well with Linux.

I used the D-Link before I got a broadband, and never had a problem.
However, I believe it's still in the PhP2K range.

Oh, and stay away from USB modems, it may be external, but they work
like softmodems.

Dax Solomon Umaming
GPG: 0x715C3547