[Ubuntu-PH] Ubuntu Love Day Manila 2008

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 23 05:20:56 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

Me and some friends are currently organizing an event for Ubuntu
enthusiasts in Manila, called Ubuntu Love Day Manila, tentatively
scheduled on the 23rd of August. The venue is still for confirmation,
but we plan at at UP Diliman.

We plan this to be a half-day event in the morning, which will allow
participants to a chance to group together and have high-bandwidth,
face to face networking.

Going to the event proper, we are thinking of 5 talks from the local
Ubuntu to community, not to teach concepts, but to share experiences
in how they use Ubuntu in their computing needs. We have already 2
volunteers to talk about:

1. The 30 day Ubuntu challenge - being productive in using Ubuntu for
daily computing needs for 30 days from a Windows user
2. Experiences in contributing to upstream KDE development and
supporting the Kubuntu community.

We're looking for 2-3 more volunteers that would like to share their
experience with Ubuntu. These could be in various fields like
Multimedia, Graphic design, Software Development, Social work, Legal,
etc. A 30 minute discussion with slides would be ideal. Also if you
would like to contribute, please remember that this is not a tutorial
session, but rather a chance to share to the community the potential
of Ubuntu as the ideal operating system for your field. I'm also
trying to fit in an OLPC session.

We'll also try to do a live stream of the event via ustream.tv or justin.tv

If you are interested to help out, you can send me an email.

--
Jerome