[Ubuntu-PH] Dreamweaver alternative in Linux?

erle mantos emantos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 06:06:26 UTC 2008

Hmmm .. what's the advantage of installing eclipse and then installing
the aptana
eclipse plugin as opposed to installing Aptana directly? The only
immediate benefit
that I see is that you still have your JDT (Java Development Tools)
while having aptana
goodness on top of it but you'll also be carrying a lot of unwanted
baggage if you're not
using the java side of eclipse.

For me, if your not gonna use Java for your webapp, then you should
install Aptana directly
instead of installing Eclipse and then installing the Aptana Eclipse
Plugin. Aptana, after all,
is just eclipse, with a customized perspective turned on by default.

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Dax Solomon Umaming
<knightlust at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 July 2008 1:07:47 pm Allan E. Registos wrote:
>> Quanta Plus
>>
>> http://aptana.com/
>>
>> Hello, thanks for this link. I've been using Eclipse with PHP plugin,
>> I will try both.
>
> if you're fond of Eclipse and used to its interface, download and install
> Aptana as an Eclipse plugin instead. There's a howto on the Aptana docs.
>
> --
> Dax Solomon Umaming
> http://blog.knightlust.com/
> GPG: 0x715C3547

3 most dangerous people - (1) A programmer with a soldering iron (2) A
manager who codes.
(3) A user with an idea.