[Ubuntu-PH] Thanks to everyone who joined us for Ubuntu Love Day Manila 2008!

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 28 07:41:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 12:58 PM, Allan E. Registos
<allan.registos at smpc.steniel.com.ph> wrote:
> Hello anyone...
> Glad to know that there are events like this in the country.
> Should this same event be available in Davao?

Hi Allan,

It shouldn't be hard on your side to organize such an event. We
organized the whole thing in a month and everything was volunteer
driven. The only thing we paid for were the tarps and transportation
of the volunteers. The rest were kindly provided by UP and the
respective head at no cost. Since we didn't pay for anything, we
didn't charge for anything either. We did offer stickers for sale at
the event but that was used to cover the cost of the printing of the
tarp. And since we didn't have a lot of funds, we made sure to make
the event doable in half a day. If it was whole day, we would have
needed more funds.

As I explained it at the start of the event, its the 2nd time I
experimented with an event that is quickly organized with the least
amount of cost, and using a lot of web 2.0 tools and viral marketing
to reach the audience. So far it works - its tiring but very
fulfilling. I suggest you look into organizing an user driven event in
the future in Davao. If you need CDs, I think Zak can help or we can
request for more in a month's notice.

--
Jerome