[Ubuntu-PH] Thanks to everyone who joined us for Ubuntu Love Day Manila 2008!

Ariel Betan yelbetan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 03:30:57 UTC 2008

Hi Jerome

The Organizers of Y4IT: UP IT Training Center and the UP System IT
Foundation were the ones who provided lunch. :)

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Jerome Gotangco <jgotangco at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> This email is overdue, but I have reasons (I currently have
> pharyngitis), but I personally want to thank everyone who joined us
> last Saturday, Aug. 23, 2008 at UP Diliman. 50+ people came in
> attendance and we had some prizes and was even able to treat everyone
> for lunch thanks to the Department of Computer Science and the Y4IT
> organizers.
>
> You can check out the slides of the presenters at
> http://www.slideshare.net/jgotangco/slideshows and some video clips at
> http://www.ustream.tv/channel/barcamp-manila I have 9GB worth of video
> of the whole event, but that would take time for me to edit and place
> somewhere.
>
> Here are some pictures taken by Ben Canlas:
> http://www.facebook.com/album.php?pa...6&id=677221339 If anyone here
> in the list has pictures from the event as well, please post them and
> let us know.
>
> I also thank the speakers of the event: Charo Nuguid, Wallen Tan,
> Rowen Remis Iral, members of UnPLUG, Aileen Apolo, Jay Aguilar, and
> Juan Carlos Torres. I'm sure you guys have more fans now than ever
> before.
>
> Finally, many thanks to Myra Jill Siason of UP DILC for leading in the
> organization of this event. Without her, there would be no Ubuntu Love
> Day Manila 2008 (it was her idea in the first place), as well as the
> members of the UP Linux Users Group for volunteering on the logistics
> and organization of the event.
>
> --
> Jerome

Happiness is not a destination ... Its a journey
Everyday is a good day!
Ariel S. Betan
University of the Philippines
Linux Counter Reg. Linux User # 146358
Linux Professional Institute # LPI000121339
http://free-ur-minds.com/yel
http://www.linkedin.com/in/arielbetan
https://launchpad.net/~yelbetan
OpenPGP Key: 0D55BF96