[Ubuntu-PH] Thanks to everyone who joined us for Ubuntu Love Day Manila 2008!

Dong Calmada dongcalmada at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 09:22:25 UTC 2008

Great to hear that, Jerome (that the event was successful). But not
great to hear that you're down with that disease. Get well soon. (And
advance happy birthday!)

As sicknesses are ones of the reasons why we can't attend events, I
had to rush my son to the clinic on Saturday. So I, an Ubuntu lover
myself, did miss the event. But my spirit was with you.

Kudos to the organizers and participants.

Dong

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Jerome Gotangco <jgotangco at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> This email is overdue, but I have reasons (I currently have
> pharyngitis), but I personally want to thank everyone who joined us
> last Saturday, Aug. 23, 2008 at UP Diliman. 50+ people came in
> attendance and we had some prizes and was even able to treat everyone
> for lunch thanks to the Department of Computer Science and the Y4IT
> organizers.
>
> You can check out the slides of the presenters at
> http://www.slideshare.net/jgotangco/slideshows and some video clips at
> http://www.ustream.tv/channel/barcamp-manila I have 9GB worth of video
> of the whole event, but that would take time for me to edit and place
> somewhere.
>
> Here are some pictures taken by Ben Canlas:
> http://www.facebook.com/album.php?pa...6&id=677221339 If anyone here
> in the list has pictures from the event as well, please post them and
> let us know.
>
> I also thank the speakers of the event: Charo Nuguid, Wallen Tan,
> Rowen Remis Iral, members of UnPLUG, Aileen Apolo, Jay Aguilar, and
> Juan Carlos Torres. I'm sure you guys have more fans now than ever
> before.
>
> Finally, many thanks to Myra Jill Siason of UP DILC for leading in the
> organization of this event. Without her, there would be no Ubuntu Love
> Day Manila 2008 (it was her idea in the first place), as well as the
> members of the UP Linux Users Group for volunteering on the logistics
> and organization of the event.
>
> --
> Jerome

My Work: peace.net.ph