[Ubuntu-PH] Fwd: FOSS at CLASS: an Introductory to GNU/Linux and FOSS Application

Rj ian Sevilla rjiansevilla at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 06:03:36 UTC 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: rjian <rjiansevilla at gmail.com>
Date: 2008/8/14
Subject: FOSS at CLASS: an Introductory to GNU/Linux and FOSS Application
To: Mindanao Open Source Society <minopensource at googlegroups.com>

We are inviting everyone to join on 1st Biggest Open Source Event in
Isabela City.

The Mindanao Open Source Society (MOSS) a community based organization
that runs by volunteer across Mindanao promoting open source software
(OSS) will host the 1st I.T. event in Isabela City dubbed "FOSS Class"
in connection to the event "Software Freedom Day (SFD) '08"
celebration on September 27, 2008 at COMTECH Isabela City. Together
with the co-organizer the COMTECH Isabela and the newly I.T.
organization "D'Comtechian".

With the increasing adoption of Linux (A free Alternative computer
operating system) in business, industry and the academe, we propose to
have a seminar and tutorial workshop track where speakers, who are
industry experts, developers and also a member of the FOSS
organization, shall present their experience with GNU/Linux and FOSS
application.

It is also our sincerest desire that thought this affair we can help
with the unity of all the Colleges institutions and schools in
Mindanao that offer information technology courses. We all have been
exposed to lot of proprietary software's and it is high time for us to
be oriented about the power and efficiency that free open source
software's can offer.

Delegates Rate are as follow:
Professionals = Php. 400.00
Students = Php. 300.00

For walk-in Delegates Rate as follow:
Professionals = Php. 500.00
Students = Php. 400.00

„X       Registration fee includes Air Conditioned Venue, AM and PM snacks
Lunch
„X       Event Kit
„X       Venue: COMTECH Isabela City Main Building

Early registrant will have the front seat. Deadline for registration
is on September 17, 2008 you can register online on our official event
site at http://www.moss.orgz.ph/sfd online registration is open till
September 17.

For more inquiries, you may contact or email us at info at moss.orgz.ph
or you can visit our event official site http://www.moss.orgz.ph/sfd
for the details.

Delegates outside Isabela City: You can arrange your accommodation by
contacting the ff. person:

Ms. Irene Umbac                         Mr. Timhar Haruddain
Mobile Number+639059627307              Mobile Number: +639169563169

Topic/Description to be discuss on the event:

*FOSS Introduction/ Introduction to Ubuntu/Edubuntu (Ms Yolynne
Medina)
-This session discuss about the introduction about the benefits of
FOSS and Introducing the commonly widely used linux operating system
Ubuntu.

*PHP framework " Codeigniter" (Mr. Jericho Rivera)
-This session discuss about an overview of the popular PHP frameworks
available and highlighted by the Codeigniter PHP framework with code
sample and running program under Apache, MySQL and PHP.

*FOSS In Healthcare (Mr. Jericho Rivera)
-This session discuss about present advances of Free/Open Source
Software in the Health Care Sector.

*Netbeans/Java ( Ms. Grace Sojor)
-This Session discuss about the popular Netbeans programming software
that most developers recognize NetBeans as the original free Java
IDE.The NetBeans IDE provides support for several languages (C, C++,
JavaScript, etc.) and frameworks.

*Content Management System (Mr. Rj Ian S. Sevilla)
-This session discuss about the introduction to content management
system and the common widely used CMS to create a website without
programming knowledge.

Sincerely yours,

RJ Ian S.Sevilla
Event Organizer