[Ubuntu-PH] Is Xubuntu capable of running for 128MB Pentium 3 600MHz PC?

Ramon Sagullo monsagullo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 01:41:14 UTC 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would appreciate if you can submit a formal proposal for our needs:

1. Payroll system (that can interface with a Bundy or Time Clock)

2. System for the Registrar's office

Stating the obvious, the above systems are expected to run on Ubuntu.

I was handed yesterday a Trial Software, advertised for P4,999.00, payable
in 10 months, with the following features:

*Main System
*Student Information
*Student Accounts
*Grading System
*Accounting System
*Various Reports
*Admin Tools
*System Setup

Caveat, it is a Windows-only program.

I have not tried the mentioned software, so I cannot assess its pros and
cons. We may opt to use three of our remaining Windows desktops if we cannot
have an Ubuntu alternative.

Thank you, and I am looking forward to your proposals.

Mon Sagullo