[Ubuntu-PH] Ubuntu Love Day Manila 2008 Registration is now open!

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 5 16:07:14 UTC 2008

Register now at http://ubuntuloveday2008.eventbrite.com/

The Ubuntu Philippines Local Community Team (Ubuntu-PH), in
cooperation with the University of the Philippines Department of
Computer Science and Engineering, invite you to a day of sharing
experiences, learning, and meeting fellow enthusiasts involved in the
hottest GNU/Linux distribution that hit mainstream computing - Ubuntu!

Ubuntu Love Day Manila 2008 is a grassroots effort to spread the
spirit of Ubuntu. On August 23, 2008, learn and interact with fellow
Ubuntu enthusiasts on how you use Ubuntu in your everyday computing
needs. We invited 6 resource persons to share their experiences with
Ubuntu in different areas of interest:

1. The Ubuntu 30 day challenge - Aileen Apolo (Google)
2. Ubuntu on virtualization and integrating to a Windows Network - Wallen Tan
3. Ubuntu: Saving lives (and then some) - Charo Nuguid
4. Choice is Good! Welcome to the Exciting, Productive and Wacky World
of Ubuntu Derivatives - members of UP Linux Users' Group (UnPLUG)
5. Ubuntu and the OLPC XO-1 - Rowen Remis Iral (OLPCPH)
6. Kubuntu & KDE: Contributing to an International Software Project -
Juan Carlos Torres (KDE Project)

And the best part? Admission is free! But due to space restrictions,
we are limiting this event to 50 participants. Please make sure to
reserve a ticket and follow the instructions given to you upon
reservation If you have reserved a ticket and for some unforeseen
event you are not able to attend, please let us know so we can free up
the ticket and give a chance to others who would like to attend.

Limit 2 tickets per participant, first come, first served. Tickets
have no cash value as this is a free event. If someone tries to sell
you one, let us know.

Register now at http://ubuntuloveday2008.eventbrite.com/

--
Jerome