[Ubuntu-PH] Ubuntu training

hard wyrd hardwyrd at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 05:24:47 UTC 2007

There is no such thing as a smooth transition. However, getting a
knowledgeable consultant will definitely ease the pain. What you need to
identify in your organization are, but not limited to, the following:

- What specific applications does your organization use?
- Are there custom-developed applications? If yes, what
platform/framework/API/libraries are they running on?
- What type/brand/specifications does your workstations and server have? Do
these hardware have support on Ubuntu/Linux?
- What database environments does your organization currently run on? Can
the database environment be migrated to Linux?

These are just some of the pain points. Hope these will help.

On 10/24/07, ryan <ryan at gbsmanila.com> wrote:

> Thanks! I hope the transition will be smooth..

"A dog that has no bite, barks loudest."
Registered Linux User #400165
http://baudizm.blogsome.com
Full-Disclosure,LARTC,Open-ITLUG, PRUG, KLUG, linuxusersgroup,
sybase.public.ase.linux