[Ubuntu-PH] Proposal to Merge Tagalog and Filipino

Dax Solomon Umaming knightlust at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 4 13:11:12 UTC 2007

Eric went online tonight, so we asked him what he thinks of this proposal. His
answer was "I suggest keeping tagalog and just work on it. Filipino isn't
supported upstream yet."

So I guess I'll ask this same question next year - after verifying if Filipino
is now supported upstream. Hopefully by that time, Filipino's supported and
we can now work on it, instead of Tagalog.

I'll edit the Translation wiki and make it clear there that we need to focus
more on Tagalog and just drop Filipino translations from our ToDo list for
the mean time. I'll also inform the Forums users about this, so we can
prevent redundancy of work.

Thanks all for your participation.
--
Dax Solomon Umaming