[Ubuntu-PH] Need help on connecting ubuntu to a Belkin wirelss router

AC Perdon acp.dev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 02:28:16 UTC 2007

Hi,

Im setting up a desktop for an office and there network infra uses wifi. The
router is a Belkin Wireless G Pluss Router, the config for there wifi
security uses WPA-PSK I have little exposure in networking but what I
understand is this is just a WPA Personel.  they dont have other fancy
security set up they just use wpa out-of-the box feature. now I have a Hp
g30371 home pc running with ubuntu (feaisty) my wireless adapter is a D-Link
Air Plus G DWL-G510 Wireless G Desktop Adapter and it was detected by
ubuntu. I followed the  how to from
http://www.debianadmin.com/enable-wpa-wireless-access-point-in-ubuntu-linux.html,Ialso
tried docs from ubuntu website but no luck I could not get any
internet
connection. Is there some thing I miss or can you advice what wirelss
desktop adapter that will work out of the box for ubuntu but definitely I
would like this to work so the card wont be a waste.. bytheway I have tried
the how to mentioned in my notebook(R50e thinkpad) same OS and  used the
built-in wifi it works I could connect to there office network only problem
is the annoying unlock keyring but thats ok than having no connection.

other info:

The wpa_supplicant is installed but strange i dont have the
wpa_supplicant.config file

Thanks,

AC Perdon
Registered Linux User #340122