[Ubuntu-PH] No Sound on HP dx2200

carlo liwanag carloliwanag at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 04:13:19 UTC 2007

Thanks for the reply.
I checked on the specs of the PC. The audio specs is

Audio     Realtek ALC861 High Definition        audio codec          3D audio compliant with AC'97        Rev. 2.3 and HD Audio compatible          Internal PC speaker
Im sorry for not being good at hardware. Correct me sir, is there is only one audio output which is the Internal PC Speaker?

Thanks,
Carlo Liwanag

Allan Echavia Registos <allan.registos at smpc.steniel.com.ph> wrote:           Carlo,
 Please check if you have two(2) sound cards installed. I already had that problem before, even if the drivers seems to be working for the two soundcards, I did check the test
 sound button(?) and its working, but when I play a video file, there was no sound. I was unable to fix this even with changing the default audio device, so I remove the other one and the sound was now working
 for all apps.
 -allan

 carlo liwanag wrote: I installed ubuntu on the business computer and everything went well
 but the sound. Though the drivers are present (alsa and realtek) but it still does not work. Is there a way to solve this?

 Thanks,
 Carlo