[Ubuntu-PH] [plug] access to home computer from work via dsl

Dax Solomon Umaming knightlust at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 11:51:05 UTC 2007

On Thursday 15 March 2007 18:58:23 John Homer Alvero wrote:
> Unfortunately, that link opened up your GlobeDSL's modem interface
> with the default
> admin username and password.
>
> Lucky you, you have a good SNR margin, me i can only get max of 6.5
> which is why I get disconnected very often.
>
> :)
>
> Change the admin password or disable WAN remote management.
>
> On 3/13/07, Martin Acupanda <macupanda at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello ALL,
> >
> > Its working.!!!!! I'm here http://mar10.hobby-site.com.
> >
> > Thanks all.
> >
> > On 3/6/07, Martin Acupanda <macupanda at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello ALL PLUGERs,
> > >
> > > I haven't responded for weeks now (..busy at work..) but I have to
> > > thank
> >
> > you and say that I deeply appreciate your taking time to share all these
> > wonderful ideas and I'm going to try 'em all :)  But I have to check
> > again my contract with my dsl provider to make sure that things that I'll
> > be doing is legal.
> >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Martin Acupanda
> >
> > --
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Martin Acupanda

This is how sites get hacked, user errors. The site may be good and locked
down tight, but it's this little things that gets overlooked at. My
suggestion:
1) Change your Username and Password ASAP
2) Setup IP Passthrough for your home computer or server
3) Test it by trying to access the site from another computer hooked up to a
different network.
4) Ask your trusted friend to test it out for you. Have them access it using
their PCs.
5) Again, better change your login ASAP before you get 0wn3d!

Goodluck with your webhosting.

--
Dax Solomon Umaming
http://knightlust.com