[Ubuntu-PH] Preparation for Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn release party in Metro Manila

dodjaye macapaz dodjaye_macapaz at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 00:18:17 UTC 2007

sama ako jan!!! =)

Jerome Gotangco <jgotangco at ubuntu.com> wrote: Hello world,

With the beta release of Ubuntu 7.04 the "Feisty Fawn" upon us next
week, its high time to organize the release party which has become a
tradition of the local communities. The last release party was a huge
success, although I wasn't able to attend to it, since I was in Cebu
(but I got to meet some enthusiasts as well), but many thanks to
Zakame, Yolynne and the rest of the IOSN and Ubuntu-PH people for
making it happen (and memorable).

Since summer is fast approaching let's make this coming party
different. I've talked to some people online regarding on holding the
party in an entirely different setting - no computers at all, but
instead, just hang out, talk and party around. Some of us have been
thinking of going to the La Mesa Ecopark in Quezon City - the place is
great to hang out and beat the summer heat! With huge trees,
mangroves, 2 swimming pools, a boating lagoon, fishing lagoon and even
a fitness trekking and artificial climbing wall make it the perfect
place to relieve city stress and enjoy nature with friends. Since
there are so many things to do in the park, I don't think its a good
idea to bring laptops even. Feisty CDs would be possible though.
Besides, geeks need a day without their gadgets!

Or if people want to do it the traditional geek way with laptops, cd
burning sessions, and caffeine, we could organize the party in some
boring mall in the metropolis :)

So what do you guys think? I've cross-posted this message as well to
the Asia Source II alumni who are ardent users of Ubuntu as well.
Since Feisty will be unleashed to the world on the 19th of April, we
could hold our party on the 21st or 28th of April or earlier. Give

If you're not in Metro Manila, don't worry, you can organize your own!
Feel free to use this mailing list as well to announce your geek
meetups and release parties. I'm pretty confident there are big groups
out there as well.

jerome g.

Jerome Gotangco
GPG: 0x9E379FC6