[Ubuntu-PH] Help on 3D Effects

Ceazar Rivera cocoyriv at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 4 08:07:56 UTC 2007

sir, please try out this link (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=131253). its a howto on installing compiz on ati cards. thanks

carlo liwanag <carloliwanag at yahoo.com> wrote: Sir,
I checked my video card. It is an integrated video card.
The model is ATI Technologies Inc RC410 [Radeon Xpress 200].
I googled on the capablity of the card and found out that is can. I tried many guides but it is still not working. Any ideas?
Thanks

"Allan E. Registos" <allan.registos at smpc.steniel.com.ph> wrote:        It means that your Video Card is not supported by compiz/aiglx. You need to turn-off the 3D effects in that case.

 carlo liwanag wrote: Hi po.
 I tried to turn on the 3d effects but after that the screen becomes all gray.
 I tried to install the beryl manager but the same thing happens. The pc I am using is HP Compaq dx2200 microtower.
  Thanks. =D

The bulk of all patents are [bad]...
Spending time reading them is stupid...
- Linus Torvalds (Creator of Linux)

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

About Windows Vista:
"I propose that each copy of the OS should ship with an orange jumpsuit and sensory deprivation goggles, since all Vista users have been unilaterally declared 'enemy combatants' by the content apparatchiki..."
-Daniel
 Nevin.

"Windows Vista? And what a vista! All you see as you look around your garden is a 60 foot high brick wall"
- Crosbie Fitch.

Scripture:
"So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on those who practice these things and then do them yourself, do you think you will escape God's judgment? Or do you think so little of the riches of his kindness, forbearance, and patience, not realizing that it is God's kindness that is leading you to repentance? But because of your stubborn and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath, when God's righteous judgment will be revealed. For he will repay everyone according to what that person has done:  eternal life to those who strive for glory, honor, and immortality by patiently doing good; but wrath and fury for those who in their selfish pride refuse to believe the truth and practice wickedness instead."
- St. Paul of Tarsus

 --
ubuntu-ph mailing  list
ubuntu-ph at lists.ubuntu.com