[Ubuntu-PH] can anybody help us?

Allan E. Registos allan.registos at smpc.steniel.com.ph
Sat Dec 15 17:54:00 UTC 2007

/_Sa tingin ko, ngayon ang pinakamagandang pagkakataon para mapalaganap natin ang Ubuntu. (just imagine how many students and customers will be able to learn and use Ubuntu)

The problem is, di masyadong marunong gumamit ng Ubuntu ang mga teachers as well as the owners of the internet shops._/

Siguro its not the Ubuntu desktop is the real problem, but the
productivity suites like Openoffice suite and Windows application
support especially games. Kung familiar yong users ng GUI ng Windows,
Ubuntu's Gnome Desktop is quite easy and simple to learn. Productivity
suites ang problema talaga. Wine was still in a beta stage, and it
cannot support all Windows applications, but may offer a big advantage
to Internet cafe shops if they've been running games that Wine
supported. For the office suite, ang problema namin (in our case) ang
user hindi po alam kung papano i print ang isang worksheet or selection
to fit in a single page. Sa Excel kasi, madali lng, pero sa Calc, the
feature was either missing or not readily accessible. So basically,
teachers must be trained to use Openoffice and how to use readily
available Linux applications. The Ubuntu GUI is very easy to learn,
simple and user friendly.

I hope there are guys out there willing to help you out...

_allan