[Ubuntu-PH] CD dist upgrade

Re Alvarez re_alvz at yahoo.es
Fri Dec 14 11:57:56 UTC 2007

this will happen when your CD's packages are already outdated. The best
option is to go with the download.
but if you dont want that then you can un-check the online repositories
in synaptics, then do a 'sudo apt-get update' and the 'sudo apt-get
upgrade', this way you'll only upgrade packeges in the CD. but this has
its own problems, some of your applications may break and then you'll be
forced to upgrade to latest packages in the repo... but its worth trying
if you dont want to download.