[Ubuntu-PH] Re: Rhythmbox Quickstarter

Christophe Augier christophe.augier at gmail.com
Wed May 10 15:38:51 UTC 2006

Hi,

i'm quite confused by your script. Your repeting some operations with
sed and thus create more files than it is needed. Why don't you use a
single sed pipe with sequential commands such as :

and then use the 'tr' command on tmpfile.xml

(sorry if i'm using ',' instead of '/' as the substitution command delimiters)

I did not test the performance issue, but i feel it's definitly an
improvement to decrease from 30 seconds to just a few.

I'm also wondering, why we need to do that? Can't rhythmbox generates
an already 'optimized' file? I quickly checked and couldn't find such
feature in libxml2.

cheers,

- Christophe