[Ubuntu-PH] for iptables...

jan gestre plugger.list at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 13:58:03 UTC 2006

On 6/25/06, lakbaytaodev at aim.com <lakbaytaodev at aim.com> wrote:

> Hi...
>
> How do i know if my dapper was already installed with iptables and how
> to install it if it does not exist? I was about to install my firewall
> but only to find out that it would not run if there is no iptables
> installed.
>
> afaik iptables is built in the linux kernel so it is installed by
default,  you can see your iptables rules by typing the command:

$ sudo iptables -L

you may also want to check out the ubuntu documentation, there's a ton of
information out there waiting to get explored. check this site:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IptablesHowTo

btw, what firewall are installing? if you prefer with gui, try firestarter,
but i recommend firehol or shorewall, it is much easier to configure than
making your own iptables rules.

HTH

--
V irus