[Ubuntu-PH] modem driver

Bradwin Cruz bradwin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 15:52:14 UTC 2006

I've had the same problem with my conexant way back. Back then, there are no
suitable drivers for it. Except maybe for something called "linuxant" which
is not completely free. The free version is crippled at 14.4kbps or
something like that.

Anyway, those so called "winmodems" are a pain. Try using the real modem
that connects to your com port.

On 7/24/06, ralph perez <salbaje at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> i just recently moved to ubuntu and i am very enthusiastic about it but my
> only concern is that my conexant modem poses quite alot of difficulty
> mounting.
>
> i have looked at the many tutorials available online but i seem to run
> into one glitch or another.
>
> please help me or i might just be forced to go back to using windows.
>
> sincerely
>
> ralph

-= Bradwin =-