[Ubuntu-PH] Wireless 3G cards

Alvin B. Gutierrez alvin at showcase.ph
Fri Jul 14 18:12:58 UTC 2006

Hello!

For those out there who have Ubuntu installed in their laptops, have you
tried the EVDO cards (you can insert these in the PCMCIA slots) using
mobile 3G broadband? I believe that Globe (HSDPA), Smart (PLDT WeRoam),
and Broadband Philippines are currently offering these services at
different prices. What I'm trying to find out is whether they can work
in Ubuntu, and which provider can offer the best in terms of bandwidth
and scope (area where there are strong signals). Any feedback on your
experience will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Alvin