[Ubuntu-PH] Re: ubuntu-ph Digest, Vol 16, Issue 6

Jopes jofellxcite at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 10:28:09 UTC 2006

On 7/13/06, kokimunchter @gmail.com <kokimunchter at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Subject: [Ubuntu-PH] ubuntu-ph.org website
> >
> > My questions to the community are the following:
> >
> > 1) what would you like to see in the new website? News? Tutorials?
> > team plans/activities? Would you rather see it in Filipino or in
> > English?

> activities are essential as it would show how the group progresses but in
> Filipino or in English? i'd say we standardize and use english; user
> friendly for anyone who might stumble on the site and doesn't have a good
> grasp of the Filipino language; also, it wouldn't present discussions of
> terms and processes in a 'funny' deviation. Taglish would be a no no, it
> would only bastardize both language, unless of course you'd want to foster a
> slang content.

(Inay, mapapalaban ako ng English dito...) I guess there will be issues
publishing posts in Tagalog, coz not most of us Filipinos don't speak the
language. We could have standard English posts, but we I guess there is a
need to localize them for the benefit of those who have difficulty
understanding entries which are higly technical and verbose (for example,
teachers or SME consultants or entrepreneurs). But if we expect our readers
to be like us avid users of Ubuntu and Linux, then there should be no
problem publishing our articles in English.

2) would you like to be able to have interaction in the website in the

--
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life?
How do you go on... when in your heart...

- Frodo Baggins (LOTR Return of the King)

Belated Labor Day (ano daw?)!

Jofell S. Gallardo

www.jofell.com