[Ubuntu-PH] Re: Modem Problem and 3gp files

Jan Alonzo jmalonzo at unpluggable.com
Fri Jan 13 23:17:06 UTC 2006

Arlan Tiu <arlantiu at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi! Just converted my PC to Ubuntu 5.10.
>
> So far, everything is fine but I can't seem to make my modem work (ewan ko
> kung modem may problema). Here's my situation: Ubuntu detected my modem, I
> install and setup everything, Login name, password, dial-up number, etc. Now
> when I try to surf the net, Mozilla can't access any page? Why?

Ok, first make sure you are able to establish a connection to your ISP or to
the net. You can use 'ping' for this (i.e. ping google.com). If you're still
getting that error try 'nslookup google.com' and see if that works (no need to
post the output here). If not, then please post more details about what you
did and the outcome of those things you did.

> Another question is, I installed Realplayer 10 and try to play my 3gp files
> but it display that I still need to install additional plugins or it media
> is not supported? What program can I use to run/play 3gp files.

totem-xine can play .3gp. I use it myself.

hth.

--
Jan Alonzo                          <jmalonzo at unpluggable.com>