[Ubuntu-PH] Re: [plug] Re: Ubuntu Founder visits Manila

Yolynne Medina yolynne at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 04:39:59 UTC 2006

*Author: *Yolynne Medina
*Date: * 2006-02-05 04:04 2006-02-04 19:04 -900 UTC
*To: *plug
*Subject: *Re: [plug] Re: Ubuntu Founder visits Manila
How old am I? (a question by rexonf)
I will be 30 sir this year. I know I am even older than some of the Board
Members of PLUG, but I don't see the point in me being young or old for me
to have a positive outlook in life more so have a optimistic view in the
plight
of our country's ICT field.

As for experience wise, I have gone through a lot, and have worked both in
government and private sector. As for me, everything is always a matter
of CHOICE bundled up with a lot of blessings from the LORD.

Yan nga kasi ang problema sa iba eh.. when they experience bad things in
life , they seem to become bitter about it, then shy away thus making them
QUITTERS. In FOSS ADVOCACY or if we want common people (meaning people
with no knowledge of open source, linux and views only that learning of
computers is bundled together with MICROSOFT) you have to be strong in
facing CRITICISMS, SIDE COMMENTS and be DISCRIMINATED. ADVOCATES should
have a heart so strong that nobody can bring them down, and at the same
time not become bitter about those experiences. LINUX orgs, which are
obviously predominatly led and composed of the MALE population is weak on
this part. If in case they feel discriminated or criticised, they
immediately shy away (though not all male species are like this) If you
shy away, you just make your purpose of propagating whatever idea you
think is good and be accepted by others, because you're ego has been hurt.

I hope that this explains to everybody why I have my own kind of view in
Open Source and in LIFE as well.