[Ubuntu-PH] UbuntuLiveChatSupport Testers Needed.

Joel Bryan T. Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 06:16:02 UTC 2006

Hi everyone!

        I would like to have a little favor from anyone of you guys here
in ubuntu-ph. Recently, I made a simple app that allows the user
to get live chat from other users easily, via "Help > System > Live Chat
Support". It's the http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuLiveChatSupport, and
currently I can't tell how stable it is, but just a few of my friends "3
friends" just test it, and they said it's cool. Now I'm writing to you
guys and asking for help, because it really needs rigorous testing
before it can be a good help.

I got here the links of the debian packages, and the patched
gnome-panel.

Anyone here would like to test them out, please send me comments at
joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com, in the wiki page, or this mailing-list.

Ubuntu Live Chat Support 0.3.14-6 debian package:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuLiveChatSupport?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=ubuntu-live-support_0.3.14-6_i386.deb

Gnome Panel prepatched version:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuLiveChatSupport?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=gnome-panel_2.14.1-0ubuntu6_i386.deb

Changes in the new release.

ubuntu-live-support (0.3.14-6) stable; urgency=high

* Impliment fail-proof registration, that autoclean incomplete and
failed registration attempts due to system crash or when the user press
cancel while registering.

* Automatically set the nickname entry, to the registered nick.

-- Joel Bryan T. Juliano <joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com> Sat, 29 Apr 2006
11:23:45 +0800

Changes in the last releases

ubuntu-live-support (0.3.14-5) stable; urgency=high

* Overhauled the Process ID handling, now it's killall free!
* Change the desktop entry to Applications;GTK;Core;
* Change the way parts of the software is called, now uses modular
approach
on all things.
* Impliment xchat-style in gaim interface.

-- Joel Bryan T. Juliano <joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com> Fri, 28 Apr 2006
07:29:27 +0800

ubuntu-live-support (0.3.14-4) unstable; urgency=low

* Due to security imposed delays for freenode registration, because of
abusive bots, delays are now used in nick registration.

* Delay time can change dynamically, this release fixes by capturing the
exact delay time and add 20 more seconds if the machine is busy and
doing multitasking jobs. The constant 200 seconds is removed.

-- Joel Bryan T. Juliano <joelbryan at localhost> Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:46:40
+0800

ubuntu-live-support (0.3.14-3) unstable; urgency=low

* Added a 200 seconds delay for nick registration

-- Joel Bryan T. Juliano <joelbryan at localhost> Wed, 26 Apr 2006 06:39:25
+0800

ubuntu-live-support (0.3.14-2) unstable; urgency=low

* Fixed the NickServ NOTICE Handler!, now a fully functional
registration system even if the user who owns the nick is offline! rock!

-- Joel Bryan T. Juliano <joelbryan at localhost> Wed, 26 Apr 2006 06:00:14
+0800

ubuntu-live-support (0.3.14-1) unstable; urgency=high

* Initial .deb release
* Made alot of changes over the last release, and now it support an easy
to use automated registration system, which features nick availability
checking that check if the nick is registered to someone else.

* A non-registered login option is now included that prefixes the nick
with "guest_" so they are identified as unregistered.

* There's also alot of UI improvements and features over the past
release, now it's more attractive, and professional looking - easy to
use app.

* The user's automated buddy list also improve, the localized channels
are now added, and #ubuntu and #ubuntu-<locale> have a group called
"Auto-join Default".

* It still needs a fully functional regular expression to recognize
NickServ's NOTICE Handler, other than /320/ and /433/ IRC server
numerical values. A message telling the user that a particular nick is
not available will only be possible if a user is online and/or a user
has been identified to nickserv's services.

-- Joel Bryan T. Juliano <joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com> Sat, 22 Apr 2006
14:44:43 +0800

The software is under consideration, and I really don't have a large
user-base to test it. Please I need everyone's cooperation to test it.

To anyone who pioneer for testing, I'm really really grateful for all
your efforts. All of these great wonders of Open Source is none without
pioneers and volunteers!

JB

--
Joel Bryan T. Juliano <joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com>