[Ubuntu-PH] newbie pow

Aaron Mangoroban mangz at comcast.net
Fri Oct 7 20:24:41 UTC 2005

i saw your question in launchpad about webcams in linux.  i've tried to
experiment on webcams on linux but have been unsuccessful so far
basically due to the type of webcams i am using.  webcams on linux do
work but that depends on the brand and type of chipset you are using.  i
don't have the page right now but i could send it once i find it again.
if you are going to use if for yahoo messenger, i don't think it would
work but i don't know that there's a couple of linux messaging clients
that support webcams.

hope this helps a bit.

mangz