[Ubuntu-PH] Ubuntu Breezy Package CD?

JM Ibanez jmibanez at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 07:29:13 UTC 2005

On 12/1/05, Jojo Paderes <jojo.paderes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there an Ubuntu Breezy package cd that can be used to install
> applications for those people who can't afford to use Synaptic +
> Internet? There are cases that we need to install applications not
> available in the Ubuntu installer cd to some users who can't connect
> to the internet.

I'm not aware of any CD containing the full set of packages from the
main repository (or anything equivalent to the Debian set of CDs), but
you might want an alternative setup:

Check out apt-zip. If you have access to a system with Internet
access, and you have a USB thumb drive (or iomega Zip Disk), you can
use that system to download the packages needed (and save it on your
removable media), transport to your own system, and install.

As an added bonus, since the debs are already on the disk, you can
install those debs on multiple systems.

Apt-zip itself is a small package, so if your non-internet-enabled
Ubuntu box doesn't have it, you can download the deb package and save
it on a floppy then install it on your box.

HTH
--
JM Ibanez --

Book:   If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a
        very special level of Hell, a level they reserve for child
        molesters and people who talk at the theater.
        (Firefly, "Our Mrs. Reynolds")
-----
http://www.livejournal.com/~jmibanez/
http://www.mycgiserver.com/~butiki/