Ubuntu in PNG?

crux at soong.ca crux at soong.ca
Thu Feb 21 01:37:03 GMT 2008

I'm in madang working with VSO, I have 2 computer centers at primary
schools, Lutheran day primary in town has 10 computers with edubuntu
installed, the other has 15 computers but its windows, considering to
install edubuntu there as well.  I'm trying to find the best way to train
students and taechers on this.. Have you ever seen any kind of ubuntu
tutorial that new users could work through?

In the next few months we have 50 computers from Rotary club and another
50 from world vision which will be installed into 12 primary schools
across madang province, probably all with edubuntu.

I'm interested in seeing your computer setup in Goroka, around easter I'll
be going up to Simbu to see some other computers in schools.

I'll be here just until June 2008, I'm open to ideas you have towards the
Madang schoolnet project, and willing to share my experiences here with
computers so far.

Joe Gamble