[Ubuntu-pa] saludos desde México; pregunta

Charlie Warner cwarner7_11 en hotmail.com
Jue Feb 11 18:49:57 GMT 2010

Which version of Ubuntu?
In later versions (9.04 and later), go to "Places" in the menu bar.  If the Windows sector is on the same computer, it will show up as something like "143.2 GB Media".  Click on this.  You will be asked for administrator password.  Then file browser should open showing all files on that sector.  Navigate to the file you wish to open, and right click.  You get a menu "Open with...".  Select the appropriate application from the list provided (usually the default which is listed first is the best).  Then you can save the opened document in Linux format on your active computer.
If the files are stored on another computer on the network, the "Places" menu offers network access similar to the above, but you may need different instructions to access the files, depending on how network security is set up...

Hope this helps.

Charlie