[Ubuntu-pa] New Ubuntu Distro

Charles Warner cwarner7_11 en hotmail.com
Jue Ago 20 23:29:29 BST 2009

Gadiel-
There are a number of options in the AutoCAD world, depending on your requirements.  The best I have found for pure Linux is QCAD, but it is rather primitive.  If you are willing to consider a Windows solution (i.e., run under VirtualBox or Wine) there are a couple of options- TurboCAD Learning Edition or a new one I have just started using, DX CAD, which is probably the closest I have found to AutoCAD functionality (and it has some pretty good features for exporting to other formats).  One of the biggest issues for me is getting drawings into formats I can share- not *.dxf files are created equal!  Another issue that needs to be explored is whether the packages are available in Spanish- some are, some aren't.
If solid modelling is your goal, I am pretty impressed with Solome-MECA which is part of the CAELinux package (or it can be downloaded separately).  Or there is BRL CAD, which comes out of the US military-industrial complex, and maybe is not so easy to use as the Salome package.  Also, I think Salome comes in a Spanish version- I'm not sure about BRL CAD.

Charlie
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:46:00 -0500
From: gades21 en gmail.com
To: ubuntu-pa en lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-pa] New Ubuntu Distro

Charles,

Is there any software that can replace autocad land?

2009/8/20 Eivar Montenegro Mosquera <e.mont01 en gmail.com>

Charles,
We are going to celebrate the Software Freedom Day in Sep. 19th please do an introductory workshop for that day if someone want to perform a more detailed workshop they will have to coordinate it with you after that.

Greetings.

Greetings.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 13:22, Charles Warner <cwarner7_11 en hotmail.com> wrote:

Eivar-
Here is the web site:  http://caelinux.com.
I have a copy of the LiveCD (actually, LiveDVD) and the .iso file that I can share with the community.  It would be very difficult to "demonstrate" the capabilities in a short 15 minute presentation, because it is rather extensive.

I am going to be traveling through Thursday next week, but towards the end of the week or after, if there are some people interested, perhaps we could set up a "workshop" of a couple of hours to demonstrate some of the capabilities...

Charlie

--
Eivar A. Montenegro. M.
¡El mundo es mejor cuando eres libre de elegir!

http://www.ubuntu-pa.org/

http://panama.ubuntuforums.org/

Difundiendo el Software Libre en Panamá