Re: Multi install with existing MAAS starts all services except for “IP Pending” on Glance Simplestreams Image Sync

Jeff McLamb mclamb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 19:15:07 UTC 2015

Success!

Sorry it took a while to get back, but just wanted to follow up and
say I finally have a start-to-finish working Multi install! The TL;DR
of it is that I need to have a trust-based juju deployment host
running the latest openstack-installer from the experimental ppa. The
trust requirement is due to the attempts to install the glance sync
charm with from vivid if on vivid, and the experimental ppa is
required because the stable branch does not seem to honor http-proxy
and https-proxy command line arguments. It is also necessary that the
juju deployment host be on the UTC timezone in order to match the
machines deployed by juju/MAAS.

The last few failed iterations were due to a physical machine failing
to deploy, say the compute node. This issue was on my end as sometimes
my physical servers do not boot without manual interaction due to some
bizarre PSU voltage too low warning. If the compute node does not come
up within a reasonable amount of time, it seems some of the scripts
get run improperly, hence the issues with keystone users, roles, etc.
not being available.

This last time I manually made sure all servers came up and intervened
if they tried to block.

The end result is I now have a seemingly working copy of Juno (I used
—openstack-release juno) and all interactions on the horizon dashboard
seem to be good! I will keep messing around with it and try to deploy
some VMs when I get a chance. I will also likely try a re-deploy of
Kilo and see how that works.

Thanks so much for the help, Mike and Adam, I really appreciate it.
Hopefully we can feed some of this stuff back into the process to make
it easier. I’ll follow up with more… I think the main page on
ubuntu.com for deploying the Canonical Distribution needs some
updating. For example, it fails to say you must install juju before
openstack ;)

Thank you than you!

Jeff