Re: Multi install with existing MAAS starts all services except for “IP Pending” on Glance Simplestreams Image Sync

Jeff McLamb mclamb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 17:14:07 UTC 2015

So it was easy enough to pick up from the single failed node. After
Deleting it, re-enlisting, commissioning, etc. I was presented with a
Ready node with a new name, etc.

I went into openstack-status and simply added the Compute service that
was missing and deployed it to this new node. After a while it was up,
all services looked good.

I issued a `juju machine remove 1` to remove the pending failed
machine from juju that was no longer in the MAAS database — it had
nothing running on it  obviously, so I figured it would be best to
remove it from juju. The new machine is machine 4.

Now when I try to login to horizon, I get "An error occurred
authenticating. Please try again later.”

The keystone logs suggest user ubuntu and various roles and projects
were not created, even though openstack-installer tells me to login to
horizon with user ubuntu and the password I gave it.

Here are the keystone logs:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/11967913/

Here are the apache error logs on the openstack-dashboard container:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/11967922/

Any ideas here?