Re: Multi install with existing MAAS starts all services except for “IP Pending” on Glance Simplestreams Image Sync

Mike McCracken mike.mccracken at canonical.com
Thu Jul 30 05:21:34 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 5:30 PM, Jeff McLamb <mclamb at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK a quick look at the neutron-api/0 /var/log/neutron just shows the
> neutron-server.log as before… but since I stepped away in the past
> hour it’s now at 800MB and counting! ;)
>
> I will play around with the relations a bit just to learn what’s going
> on, but then I will take your advice and try various alternatives with
> —edit-placement first, then finally just changing the underlying MAAS
> deployment server to trusty and see where it takes me.

Sounds good

> Could also try
> to install without —upstream-ppa which I imagine will install juno
> instead of kilo?

oh, --upstream-ppa doesn't do anything for the MAAS install path, it's only
applicable to the containerized single install.
It's harmless, though. On the single install, it's used to specify that
version of the "openstack" package (which contains openstack-install) that
will be installed on the container to run the second half of the process
should come from our experimental PPA. It could use some better docs/usage
string.

If you're interested in trying out other openstack release versions, you
want to look at --openstack-release.

-mike