Re: Multi install with existing MAAS starts all services except for “IP Pending” on Glance Simplestreams Image Sync

Mike McCracken mike.mccracken at canonical.com
Wed Jul 29 17:49:24 UTC 2015

Jeff,  you can use --edit-placement to edit what goes where, and remove the
sync service.
Then you will just have to import a cloud image into glance yourself.

Or, you could let it try to deploy the sync service, then do a little bit
of tweaking and manual juju work to deploy the sync script as trusty
instead of vivid, on a default install where everything else is trusty.

on the host you're running the openstack installer from
export JUJU_HOME=~/.cloud-install/juju

since you have a failed sync service hanging around, first remove it with
this:
juju remove-service glance-simplestreams-sync

then look in ~/.cloud-install/local-charms/
there should be a directory 'vivid' with subdir glance-simplestreams-sync.
if you rename that directory to 'trusty', then re-deploy the sync charm
manually, it should work.

to redeploy, do this:
juju deploy --repository=~/.cloud-install/local-charms
local:trusty/glance-simplestreams-sync --to lxc:3 --config
~/.cloud-install/charmconf.yaml

-mike