Re: Multi install with existing MAAS starts all services except for “IP Pending” on Glance Simplestreams Image Sync

Jeff McLamb mclamb at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 15:25:15 UTC 2015

Hey Adam, Mike -

The environment is up, but the container that should contain
glance-simplestreams is not up at all. Here is the lxc-ls output from
the node that contains all of the infrastructure containers:

ubuntu at cooperative-crowd:~$ sudo lxc-ls --fancy
NAME                      STATE    IPV4          IPV6  AUTOSTART
juju-machine-3-lxc-0      RUNNING  192.168.1.17  -     YES
juju-machine-3-lxc-1      RUNNING  192.168.1.18  -     YES
juju-machine-3-lxc-2      RUNNING  192.168.1.19  -     YES
juju-machine-3-lxc-3      RUNNING  192.168.1.20  -     YES
juju-machine-3-lxc-4      RUNNING  192.168.1.21  -     YES
juju-machine-3-lxc-6      RUNNING  192.168.1.22  -     YES
juju-machine-3-lxc-7      RUNNING  192.168.1.23  -     YES
juju-trusty-lxc-template  STOPPED  -             -     NO
juju-vivid-lxc-template   STOPPED  -             -     NO
ubuntu at cooperative-crowd:~$

As you can see, the lxc-5 machine that should be running is not.

When I look at openstack-status all of the services have a green
checkmark and are [started] except for Glance Simplestreams which is
in the [pending] stage.

In the place of an IP address it says IP Pending and "waiting for
initial status".

I was wondering if I was running out of IP addresses in that range on
the MAAS DHCP server, but there are only 8 containers and there are
plenty of addresses left in that range.

Here is the output of juju status where it is revealed that:

3/lxc/5:
        agent-state-info: 'failed to retrieve the template to clone:
template container
          "juju-vivid-lxc-template" did not stop'
        instance-id: pending
        series: vivid

For some reason this is the only container that it tries to install
using the vivid series. All other containers use trusty.

Here is the full juju status output:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/11960193/

Thanks!

Jeff