[Bug 1744882] Re: Add SPEC_CTRL and IBRS changes
Launchpad Bug Tracker
1744882 at bugs.launchpad.net
Sun Feb 25 15:25:54 UTC 2018
This bug was fixed in the package qemu - 1:2.11+dfsg-1ubuntu2
qemu (1:2.11+dfsg-1ubuntu2) bionic; urgency=medium
* d/p/ubuntu/qemu-stable-2.11.1.patch: add stable release
- among other fixes this adds code to:
- mitigate the Spectre/Meltdown attacks (LP: #1744882) (CVE-2017-5715)
However, enabling this functionality requires additional configuration
beyond just updating QEMU. Also migrations need special consideration.
Details about that can be found at:
- Power9 allocation of max 8 threads per core (LP: #1750526)
* Drop changes that are part of the upstream stable release
* d/p/ubuntu/define-ubuntu-machine-types.patch: refresh to match stable update
* d/p/ubuntu/pre-bionic-256k-ipxe-efi-roms.patch: unify to only change the
common compat.h header and add some extra info in the patch header.
-- Christian Ehrhardt <christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com> Mon, 19 Feb
2018 11:03:11 +0100
** Changed in: qemu (Ubuntu Bionic)
Status: Triaged => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
OpenStack, which is subscribed to Ubuntu Cloud Archive.
Add SPEC_CTRL and IBRS changes
Status in Ubuntu Cloud Archive:
Status in Ubuntu Cloud Archive kilo series:
Status in Ubuntu Cloud Archive mitaka series:
Status in Ubuntu Cloud Archive ocata series:
Status in Ubuntu Cloud Archive pike series:
Status in qemu package in Ubuntu:
Status in qemu source package in Trusty:
Status in qemu source package in Xenial:
Status in qemu source package in Artful:
Status in qemu source package in Bionic:
The merge of  landed the spectre related changes for SPEC_CTRL and
IBRS to qemu 2.12
It is announced in  that there shall be a 2.11.1 with the backport that we intend to pick.
The security team can use this merge at  to work on backwards security updates.
For 18.04 (not yet released) the intention for now is to pick 2.11.1 once available.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the Ubuntu-openstack-bugs