[Bug 1746630] Re: virsh api is stuck when vm is down with NFS borken
1746630 at bugs.launchpad.net
Fri Feb 2 07:57:03 UTC 2018
thanks for the analysis and backport.
The patches look good to me
- two structural changes with no net-effect (to let the backport apply)
- there could have been a backport without those, but I agree that this looks clearer
- the actual fix seems ok, skipping if no data avail sounds right
- some cleanups in the patch headers is required, but I can do that on upload for you.
- these changes are upstream a long time and are still the way implemented by this change in 4.0
Thanks a lot, two things:
1. do you have a ppa with that already that I should run checks against (otherwise I'll open one up when really prepping the SRU)?
2. there is a security update in flight we have to wait for - I'm postponing this fix until that is complete.
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
OpenStack, which is subscribed to Ubuntu Cloud Archive.
virsh api is stuck when vm is down with NFS borken
Status in Ubuntu Cloud Archive:
Status in libvirt:
Status in libvirt package in Ubuntu:
Status in libvirt source package in Xenial:
virsh command is hang if there is broken VM on broken NFS
This is affected to Xenial, UCA-Mitaka
1. deploy VM with NFS storage ( running )
2. block NFS via iptables
- iptables -A OUTPUT -d NFS_SERVER_IP -p tcp --dport 2049 -j DROP ( on host machine )
3. virsh blkdeviotune generic hda => hang
4. virsh domstats => hang
5. virsh list => lang
After patch, we can command domstats and list with short timeout. and libvirt-bin needs to be restarted. so if there are many VMs it will be affected short time while it is restarting.
This bug is fixed in redhat bug report and mailing list and git
and it is merged 1.3.5 upstream
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the Ubuntu-openstack-bugs