[Bug 1655182] Please test proposed package
james.page at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 31 14:23:47 UTC 2017
Hello John, or anyone else affected,
Accepted keystone into mitaka-proposed. The package will build now and
be available in the Ubuntu Cloud Archive in a few hours, and then in the
Please help us by testing this new package. To enable the -proposed
sudo add-apt-repository cloud-archive:mitaka-proposed
sudo apt-get update
Your feedback will aid us getting this update out to other Ubuntu users.
If this package fixes the bug for you, please add a comment to this bug,
mentioning the version of the package you tested, and change the tag
from verification-mitaka-needed to verification-mitaka-done. If it does
not fix the bug for you, please add a comment stating that, and change
the tag to verification-mitaka-failed. In either case, details of your
testing will help us make a better decision.
Further information regarding the verification process can be found at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/PerformingSRUVerification . Thank you in
** Changed in: cloud-archive/mitaka
Status: Triaged => Fix Committed
** Tags added: verification-mitaka-needed
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
OpenStack, which is subscribed to keystone in Ubuntu.
keystone-manage mapping_engine tester problems
Status in Ubuntu Cloud Archive:
Status in Ubuntu Cloud Archive mitaka series:
Status in Ubuntu Cloud Archive newton series:
Status in OpenStack Identity (keystone):
Status in keystone package in Ubuntu:
Status in keystone source package in Xenial:
Status in keystone source package in Yakkety:
* A bug in keystone-manage tool prohibits the use of the
mapping_engine command for testing federation rules.
* Users of Keystone Federation will not be able to verify their
mapping rules before pushing these to production.
* Not being able to test rules before pushing to production is a
major operational challenge for our users.
* The proposed upload fixes this by backporting a fix for this issue
from upstream stable/ocata.
* Deploy keystone using Juju with this bundle:
* ssh to keystone unit, grab artifacts and run command:
- mapping.json: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/24855419/
- input.txt: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/24855420/
'keystone-manage mapping_engine --rules mapping.json --input input.txt'
* Observe that command provides no output and that a Python Traceback
is printed in /var/log/keystone/keystone.log
* Install the proposed package, repeat the above steps and observe
that the command now outputs its interpretation and effect of the
* keystone-manage mapping_engine is a operational test tool and is
solely used by the operator to test their rules.
* The distributed version of this command in Xenial and Yakkety does
currently not work at all.
* The change will make the command work as our users expect it to.
[Original bug description]
There are several problems with keystone-manage mapping_engine
* It aborts with a backtrace because of wrong number of arguments
passed to the RuleProcessor
* The --engine-debug option does not work.
* Error messages related to input data are cryptic and inprecise.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the Ubuntu-openstack-bugs