[Bug 1298061] Re: nova should allow evacuate for an instance in the Error state
Launchpad Bug Tracker
1298061 at bugs.launchpad.net
Thu Feb 2 22:04:36 UTC 2017
This bug was fixed in the package nova - 1:2014.1.5-0ubuntu1.6
nova (1:2014.1.5-0ubuntu1.6) trusty; urgency=medium
* Allow evacuate for an instance in the Error state (LP: #1298061)
- d/p/remove_useless_state_check.patch remove unnecessary task_state check
- d/p/evacuate_error_vm.patch Allow evacuate from error state
-- Liang Chen <liang.chen at canonical.com> Fri, 09 Sep 2016 17:41:48
** Changed in: nova (Ubuntu Trusty)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
OpenStack, which is subscribed to Ubuntu Cloud Archive.
nova should allow evacuate for an instance in the Error state
Status in Ubuntu Cloud Archive:
Status in Ubuntu Cloud Archive icehouse series:
Status in OpenStack Compute (nova):
Status in nova package in Ubuntu:
Status in nova source package in Trusty:
* Instances in error state cannot be evacuated.
* nova evacuate <error_state_instance> <another_compute_host>
* nova refuses to evacuate the instance because of its state
* Cherry picked from upstream
- removed unnecessary argument passing
- add allowing ERROR state before evacuating.
* actually, in code, added one parameter, and removed unused one.
so very low regression possibility.
* Tested on juju+maas test env.
* Passed tempest smoke tests locally.
Note: one simple way to put an instance into error state is to
directly change its database record, for example "update instances set
vm_state='error' where uuid='XXXXXXXX'"
We currently allow reboot/rebuild/rescue for an instance in the Error
state if the instance has successfully booted at least once.
We should allow "evacuate" as well, since it is essentially a
"rebuild" on a different compute node.
This would be useful in a number of cases, in particular if an initial
evacuation attempt fails (putting the instance into the Error state).
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the Ubuntu-openstack-bugs