[ubuntu-nz] Problem with display resolution

Andrew McMillan andrew at morphoss.com
Sat Jan 9 10:05:08 GMT 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 22:28 +1300, Kelvin Sim wrote:
> Hi Andrew
>
> I tried updating the BIOS and still no luck.
>
> The part number is RM709PA#ABG
>
> I am 100% sure under windoze you can get higher resolution

Well, that's pretty strange, because Google suggests that that model is
the XGA model, and not the SXGA+ model.

http://www.abcd.com.au/laptop/hp/RM709PA.htm

http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/67990/NOTEBOOKS_15/HP/RM709PA.asp

http://www.contrixus.com/retail/product_info.php?products_id=783&osCsid=82aabbea4022583c879e17e57169675f

http://www.oe.com.au/html/promotions/may07/hp_laptops_may07.html

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1053039

I used to have a nx6320 myself (the higher resolution one) and I got the
display panel working fine at the higher resolution.  That was years
ago, and I'm sure that the higher resolution ones will work fine under
current Ubuntu now.

Cheers,
					Andrew.

> Kelvin
>

> Andrew McMillan wrote:
> >
> > I suppose it could be an out of date BIOS, if it really does do a higher
> > resolution.
> >
> > What's the exact model number?  I know you said nx6320, but that covers
> > quite a range of actual models and resolutions - there should be a more
> > specific model number on a sticker on the bottom somewhere.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > 					Andrew.

andrew (AT) morphoss (DOT) com                            +64(272)DEBIAN
              You're almost as happy as you think you are.