[ubuntu-nz] Ubuntu won't boot after installing latest updates to 9.1

Benjamin Humphrey humphreybc at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 00:34:15 GMT 2010

I've got a Toshiba laptop and it came with it's own 5GB recovery partition.
They save money by not shipping recovery DVDs and instead use up some of
your Hard Drive for a recovery partition. Sometimes it can play havoc with
GRUB. I just erased it alongside Windows when I reformatted the entire disk
and stuck Ubuntu on.

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Tim Uckun <timuckun at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Geoff Ledbrook
> <geoff at tamahunga-gardens.co.nz> wrote:
> > thanks Tim, I think you may be right there.  It is a new laptop and it
> > runs a layer of Toshiba Proprietory software on it.
>
> That's probably the culprit right there.
>
> I am in the market for a new laptop and I was thinking of getting a
> toshiba. I think I will scratch them off my list now.
>
> Thanks for the heads up.

Benjamin Humphrey

Ubuntu Manual Project Leader
Dunedin, New Zealand