[ubuntu-nz] Ubuntu won't boot after installing latest updates to 9.1

Tim Uckun timuckun at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 23:55:38 GMT 2010

> not boot from this image "Linux generic image 17" or , "Linux generic
> image 16" (the previous image) but instead the system would only boot on
> the Linux generic image 14 (the next previous image.    So there is
> possibly something problematic prior to the restart that has ground the
> system to a halt.  However, the boot of the Linux generic image 14 was
> always fine.

Sounds like a very strange problem.

It's hard to make a diagnosis from afar but maybe your kernels are
corrupt somehow or incompatible with your hardware in some way.

If you are able to boot into the previous images you may want to
refresh your sources and see if you can compile a new one.

Come to think of it at this point it looks like you need more
professional help. A suggestion was made to try the forums but I'd
also see if there is a linux guru at a local computer store that can
help.