[ubuntu-nz] Just upgraded and having wireless problems

Liz liz at debian.co.nz
Tue Nov 18 21:48:22 GMT 2008

Tim Uckun wrote:

> I would think so because it works fine at home. This clearly has
> something to do with the kind of access point. It works fine with the
> apple device, doesn't work with linksys or netgear.  The linksys is
> wireless N the netgear is G.

It could also be because of the channel. Each country uses different
channels, this means some gear from other countries tends to run on
different channels.
According to this
http://www.passmark.com/support/wireless_overview.html
*Country* 	*Available channels*
Europe 	1-13
Spain 	10-11
France 	10-13
Australia 	1-11
United States 	1-11
Canada 	1-11
Japan 	14

We've had problems with our Japanese PSP and some laptops not being able
to connect at home which was resolved by changing the channel. Also a
similar problem at work where some things could connect and others were
unable to for no apparent reason also resolved this way.

Liz